just a quickie, I have been using this fantastic open source free spell checker and I am very happy with it as it is completely integrated to the FreeTextBox.
It is called NetSpell and in order to download it you must go to this site :
The problem is when you try to make netspell work in a shared hosting environment that will be more secure than your dev webserver and will more than likely run in medium trust.
The only problem is that NetSpell does not by default allow the assembly to run in partial trust and therefore the only way to get it to work is to add :
line to the AssemblyInfo.cs file of the NetSpell.SpellChecker project
1. I downloaded the code locally to my C: drive,
The full source is available here using the mighty SVN source code manager :
2. Went to the ..\NetSpell\trunk\NetSpell\src\NetSpell.SpellChecker folder,
3. Edited the AssemblyInfo.cs file to include [assembly: AllowPartiallyTrustedCallersAttribute()]
4. Added a reference at the top of the file to using System.Security;
(required for the AllowPartiallyTrustedCallersAttribute element to work)
5. Recompiled the project
6. Copied the new NetSpell.SpellChecker.dll to my web project and...
7. BINGO! everything worked like a charm on my medium trust environment!!!
Hope those who struggled with this will manage to find my post and solve their problem!