Thursday, February 24, 2005

Introduction

Let me introduce myself, I am a French guy living in the UK since 1998, I am now 29... nearly 30.

I have been working with computers since I was about 12 and programming in basic on a Sinclair ZX 81!!! Originally it had 1Kb of RAM but I soon extended that to a massive 16Kb !
After that I went to Amstrad CPC 6128 with a... floppy disk. That was a big improvement from tapes.

Of course and just like everyone interested in computers I then acquired a PC. learnt DOS and was amazed when I first saw Windows 3.11 running on a 30Mb Hard drive... 95 was another biggy and NT the ultimate OS. I have to say, for my sins, I have always used Microsoft technologies to develop. I like user friendly and good looking stuff, I try and avoid command lines... unfortunately it's not always possible! :o)

Anyway, I am now swimming in the .NET pool and developing professional applications for various people in the UK. My main skills lie definitely in ASP.NET, VB.NET and SQL Server 2000 (learning Yukon as well, but as always, it's just the same as before, with more functionality!!!). I have to say I became very good at my job and there is no challenge so far that I have not been able to break (touch wood). With computers, everything is possible and the creative power is endless. When you build a house, you need bricks, mortar, contractors, tools... it takes time and a lot of effort. On the web you can create a site in no time, you are the man, all the tools and pretty much available for free and you can also learn to build a bigger and better looking house if you want to! The best thing if we keep this analogy with houses, you can change the color of your roof with a single mouse click :o)

I am starting this blog to share my technical thoughts & findings. All to do with code, .NET computers and the Internet.

I hope you enjoy it and that it brings some answers to your questions!

No comments: